Show simple item record

dc.contributor.authorEnarson, Penelope Men
dc.contributor.authorGie, Robert Pen
dc.contributor.authorMwansambo, Charles Cen
dc.contributor.authorMaganga, Ellubey Ren
dc.contributor.authorLombard, Carl Jen
dc.contributor.authorEnarson, Donald Aen
dc.contributor.authorGraham, Stephen Men
dc.date.accessioned2016-01-28T10:37:14Zen
dc.date.available2016-01-28T10:37:14Zen
dc.date.issued2014en
dc.identifier.citationReducing deaths from severe pneumonia in children in Malawi by improving delivery of pneumonia case management. 2014, 9 (7):e102955 PLoS ONEen
dc.identifier.issn1932-6203en
dc.identifier.pmid25050894en
dc.identifier.doi10.1371/journal.pone.0102955en
dc.identifier.urihttp://hdl.handle.net/11288/595140en
dc.description.abstractTo evaluate the pneumonia specific case fatality rate over time following the implementation of a Child Lung Health Programme (CLHP) within the existing government health services in Malawi to improve delivery of pneumonia case management.en
dc.description.sponsorshipThe CLHP was primarly funded by the MoH of Malawi, who contributed 69% of the running costs comprising facilities and human resources that are part of the existing health system. The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation funded the remaining 31% of the costs, 21% of which was investment and 79% operating costs. The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation grant ID#: 413 http://www.gatesfoundation.org/Pages/home.aspx). The external funders had no role in study design, data collection and analysis, decision to publish, or preparation of the manuscript.en
dc.language.isoenen
dc.relation.urlhttp://dx.plos.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0102955en
dc.rightsArchived with thanks to PloS oneen
dc.subjectpneumoniaen
dc.subjectMalawien
dc.subjectchildrenen
dc.subjectcase managementen
dc.subject.meshCase Managementen
dc.subject.meshChild, Preschoolen
dc.subject.meshFollow-Up Studiesen
dc.subject.meshGovernment Programsen
dc.subject.meshHumansen
dc.subject.meshInfanten
dc.subject.meshInfant, Newbornen
dc.subject.meshLogistic Modelsen
dc.subject.meshMalawien
dc.subject.meshMortalityen
dc.subject.meshOutcome Assessment (Health Care)en
dc.subject.meshPatient Admissionen
dc.subject.meshPneumoniaen
dc.subject.meshProspective Studiesen
dc.subject.meshPublic Healthen
dc.subject.meshSeverity of Illness Indexen
dc.subject.meshTertiary Preventionen
dc.titleReducing deaths from severe pneumonia in children in Malawi by improving delivery of pneumonia case management.en
dc.typeArticleen
dc.identifier.journalPloS oneen
dc.research.unitBiostatistics Uniten
dc.date.epub2014-07-22en


Files in this item

Thumbnail

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record